01: What got you into this fandom in the first place?
02: Do you think you'll stay in this fandom or eventually move on?
03: Favourite episodes/books/movies/etc.?
04: Do you participate in this fandom (fanfiction, graphics, discussions)?
05: Do you think that more people should get into this fandom?
trystan830 gave me Supernatural, Doctor Who & Merlin.
01. What got you into this fandom in the first place? eloise_bright is my all time favourite SPN writer, and I was stalking her LJ one day, and she was raving about Merlin. I read her fic, Instruction about Uther & Arthur and was sucked in. I also rec that fic, btw, and the one other Uther-centric fic she wrote. And, while you're at it, if you like SPN, those too. The woman is a fucking genius.
02. Do you think you'll stay in this fandom or eventually move on? Hard to say. I mostly play in the Gwen-side of things right now, which is small and fun. I love all the characters, and the storyline, actually. And silly as some of it may be, it's still so much fun and brings a goofy smile to my face when I watch... I expect that if I lose my fandom interest, I won't stop watching the show.
03. Favourite episode/books/movies/etc? I can play this time! Uhm, well, Valiant, The Mark of Nimueh, The Beginning of the End, Excalibur, Moment of Truth & Le Morte d'Arthur. The last three being my all time faves *_*
04. Do you participate in this fandom (fanfiction, graphics, discussions)? Yes, Merlin fanfic has eaten my brain - for better or for worse, yet to be determined. I have a meta sitting on my hard drive that I need to revise before posting & I actually did at one point make a few icons. So I suppose all of the above. How strange.
05. Do you think that more people should get into this fandom? I am torn. The fandom is small and fun and almost entirely wank-free at the moment. The bigger fandom gets, the more unpleasant it tends to get. But at the same time, it's always fun to have new people. So I respectfully refrain from answering XD!
01. What got you into this fandom in the first place? TV commercials! Advertising works!
02. Do you think you'll stay in this fandom or eventually move on? Given it has one season left, I think I'll be staying in it. And in any case, it popped my friggen fandom cherry! I could never abandon it.
03. Favourite episodes/books/movies/etc.? It really isn't worth it to list them all once any fandom exceeds one season. So... I'd say you can safely assume a favourite includes either lots of humour, or lots of plot development. And possibly some sweet asskicking.
04. Do you participate in this fandom (fanfiction, graphics, discussions)? Not as much as I used to. I still read fics by a couple of my favourite authors, or those that are recommended to me. Same with meta. And I'm an icon whore, so I collect SPN icons like Trump collects money.
05. Do you think that more people should get into this fandom? Honestly, no. It's too nutty. But I would recommend people watch the show *_*
01. What got you into this fandom in the first place? My flist, velithya in particular, as she is the one who dumped it all on my external hard drive ♥
02. Do you think you'll stay in this fandom or eventually move on? Wellll I'm not really in the Who fandom. I mostly just watch the show. I do read earlgreytea86's fics religiously, but that's about the extent of my involvement. Oh! I also have a sick addiction to who_secrets.
03. Favourite episodes/books/movies/etc? I'm going to echo my sentiments above and say that because Who is in it's fifth-ish season, there's too many to list. Faves probably includes... something sweet and vaguely unexpected, lots of the Doctor & Companion laughing, and the Daleks. I'm sorry - I'm addicted, damnit!
04. Do you participate in this fandom (fanfiction, graphics, discussions)? I guess I sort of answered this above... I was once very keen on doing a ficmix for it, but that passed when Merlin entered my life (whups.) so now I pretty much just do as I said above.
05. Do you think that move people should get into this fandom? Err... TBH, I feel underqualified to give this answer. But I would say that if you don't watch it, you ought to because you'll always be in for a good adventure :]
I think this past month has been Movie Month with tater_mae. Anyway, Friday night I went with Cait, her sister & my dad to see Star Trek... One word: Epic. Seriously, it's awesome. I've come to the conclusion that JJ Abrams + movies = better than awesome. Can't say I care too much for his TV (I know, blasphemy to most of you, I'm sure) but his movies are always great. This is a movie for anyone who considers themselves a sci-fi nerd. Honestly. It most definitely delivers. Moar plz.
Also saw Wolverine week before last. Was fairly good; a little overblown but then again, it's X-Men and Hugh Jackman is great, so I guess that balances it out in the end. Essentially, it's simply entertaining. I don't think it will change anyone's life, but you don't get bored.
Monday is a holiday in BC and I could seriously throw a party in relief. It'll be so, so nice to have a day off in which I have nothing to do! I'm going to see if I can convince my mother to saunter off for a few hours so I can loll about the house in absolute freedom. Bwaha!
ETA -.-; How is it possible to have 177 icons and not fancy any of them for this hobnob post? I feel ridiculous.